Many of us in the marketing world know the value of an audience targeted landing page. Whether you’re launching a new product pay per click campaign, or an email campaign to your clients, it’s best to have a landing page where you drive the user to an end goal without all the ‘distractions’ a corporate site might have. Sending users to a targeted landing page can often be the difference between a conversion and a bounce. What many may not know, if you’re in marketing or not, is that creating landing pages is not as time consuming as it used to be. Seriously! You can have a page up and running within an hour or less. I think most know this, but…
It may be surprising that there are still companies that are building landing pages as part of their main website where full navigation and multiple calls-to-action vie for the users attention. If you’ve paid for that user to get to your landing page, you risk losing them to other shiny things on your site. That may not be a huge deal if they end up filling out a form or completing some other action on your site, but that is typically not the case and it certainly doesn’t help you determine if your paid campaign is converting or if you’re getting an appropriate ROI.
Digital C4 has been putting together landing pages for clients since we launched our agency. It is part of our strategy on most campaigns when the end result is selling something, downloading something, or simply driving awareness. We found ourselves in need of a solution that would allow us to quickly do the following:
- spin up pages without the need for extensive IT support
- fully customize page layouts for each client
- gather stats on campaigns like leads and traffic, and export that data
- customize URLs
- build reports
We also wanted something that was hosted, a SaaS platform that wouldn’t be cost prohibitive. We like the monthly contract option as opposed to long-term commitments.
So, despite there being many platforms to choose from we decided to use Unbounce for building and testing landing pages. We’ve been using them for nearly the entire existence of our agency. This is NOT a paid endorsement. We’re just sharing a cool landing page builder we use to help our clients achieve their goals.
And if you think it sounds too easy, well it really is. I wish I would have created this platform and someone else was blogging about it.
Here are a few more awesome features that we use that you may find useful:
- A/B Variant Testing: Unbounce makes it VERY easy to do A/B variant testing. Just duplicate a variant, change the images, copy, buttons, and publish. Once you’ve created a new variant, you can control how often to display each variant in percentages. Go 50/50 or 30/70. Once you have a winning page you can crank that variant back up to 100% and then work on a new variant to start the testing all over again.
- Google Analytics: Be sure to add Google Analytics tracking code to your pages. You can do this page by page or add a script to the entire domain you’re building pages for.
- AI-powered Templates – Start your landing page development with prebuilt templates and then modify them to your client’s brand.
- Drag-Drop Design and Development – Developing has never been easier.
- Favicon: Add your custom favicon using scripts.
- Email Notifications: Get emails the instant a lead comes through.
- Video: Add a video widget to your landing page and post your YouTube videos.
- Mobile Friendly Landing Pages – All Landing pages are easily made to be mobile friendly.
- Native App Integrations – There are many applications that integrate with Unbounce. From CRMs to Email platforms you can connect your favorite tools and apps to Unbounce. And, if there’s a tool that doesn’t integrate you can use…Zapier.
- Zapier Integration – Solid Zapier integration to make sure you get the integrations you need.
As you can see you can do a lot with landing pages, and it doesn’t take a lot of time. You can have a page up in an hour. Do realize that the more customization and integration you do the more time it will take.
Lastly, here’s a quick list of some of the more common integrations we’ve published on client landing pages:
- Marketing Automation – This is one of the most common integrations we perform. It’s important for our clients drive leads into their funnel. Whether it’s Marketo, Act-On, Eloqua, Hubspot, or Salesforce, we’ve been able to successfully integrate with Unbounce.
- Email platforms – MailChimp, ConstantContact, Emma
- WordPress – Unbounce integrates with WordPress to allow our clients to connect their site to their Unbounce account and build landing pages on their main domain.
- Chatbots – Olark
- Scripts Management – Unbounce gives us the ability to install scripts on the custom domains for our clients. Scripts like Google Analytics, Google Ads Conversions, Google Universal Site Tag, LinkedIn Insights Tag, and etc. Instead of adding these to each landing page individually you can just add the script once and it will add to each page on the domain.
You Might Need Assistance
If you know you want full customization, from custom design to 3rd party integrations, and you know you don’t have time, give us a shout and we’ll help you out. We’ll get you access to Unbounce and we can build something for you, or you can build yourself. Give us a quick call, or go to our Contact Us page and fill out our form.